I am a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT) and have been working in the field of therapy since 2001 and have been a life coach since 1999. I received my Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Counseling from the University of Roehampton in London, and my Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology (with a focus in Expressive Arts Therapy) from California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) in San Francisco.
In 2010, I completed the Child Trauma Training Institute’s Child-Parent Psychotherapy Training Program (in collaboration with UCSF’s Child Trauma Research Program).
Alongside my work as a therapist, I provide Clinical Supervision and ongoing training for therapists in training at a mental health clinic in San Francisco.
I trained in EMDR (with EMDR’s founder Francine Shapiro’s Trauma Recovery/Humanitarian Assistance Program, as well as author and trainer, Philip Manfield, PhD) and find it a powerful and effective tool for working with a huge variety of issues, from childhood or recent trauma to procrastination.
I am currently enjoying my ongoing training in Somatic Attachment Therapy, an approach rooted in neuroscience and the body.
As part of my commitment to service, I volunteer and see clients on a pro bono basis at a local holistic, community mental health centre.
My professional affiliations include:
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- San Francisco Chapter of Marriage and Family Therapists
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- The Northern California Community for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Bay Area Open Minds: Psychotherapists Affirming Sexual & Gender Diversity (BAOM)
- National Coalition For Sexual Freedom (NCSF)